Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The General

First, i'd like to point out that I officially adore Buster Keaton.  Although The General is not claimed to be his funniest (but rather best), it had me completely laughing out loud.  I will reiterate what I said in my previous post of Sherlock Jr... I honestly wish that modern movies now would have at least slightly similar aspects of this type of clever humor.  Words, or title cards, are not needed in this film.  Everything is explained flawlessly through actions.  As Buster faced some problems while first on the train, we know he will have more on the way back but this time with the girl.  Most of the problems he faced were solved by shear chance and accidental.  The climax is reached on the way back with the girl leading to a battle.  Buster's character is ultimately honored and gets the girl he saved.  Actually, I liked this movie so much I bought myself my own copy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment